Friday, April 9, 2010

Pancakes and coldplay


Fridays are a great day to look back on what you learned during the week, take the lessons and go into the weekend with a fresh start. So if you're interested, here are some lessons I learned this week...

* 6.30 is an amazing time to go for a walk. It's worth the getting-up pain times a thousand.
* Some people are as stubborn as I am, and dealing with them is like swallowing a very large pill. But it's taught me to listen more and realize that I am not right. Nor are they. And that being right isn't the way forward. Being open is.
* Classical music is the best thing to work to. Coldplay in the morning, Vivaldi/Beethie/Purcell the rest of the day.
* I'm happiest when I'm making other people happy. How corny is that! But I think it's natural for us to be self-centred, as soon as you step out of that, real happiness slaps you in the face like a pancake.
* I love pancakes made by friends at cafe 2042.
* The biggest challenges provide the greatest rewards. Aim high, mon amigos, aim high.

No comments:

Post a Comment