Monday, March 29, 2010

Some say love


I say pig. I love pork. We went to our friend's place on Saturday night and they had some pig on a spit with roasted potatoes and a rocket parmesan salad. SO much to love about that. When I checked the fridge yesterday I found two pork chops that I'd been defrosting... ooops. Or oink. Anyway, we had them last night and they were fabulous too.

I used to be afraid of cooking pork because I always dried the suckers out. But now I have one sure way of making sure they're delightfully moist and delish. I use a baking dish (with a lid) and throw in a handful of chopped up potatoes, garlic, onion, green apple, seasoning and oil. Top with pork chops, sprinkle with olive oil, balsamic glaze and plenty of seasoning. Cook for one hour on 180C. YUM. Serve with a light salad, a glass of verdehlo and a good game of scrabble.

No comments:

Post a Comment