Monday, May 17, 2010

Stretches for slouchies


Well... I've been keeping it a bit quiet, but now that there's only four fast months to go I might as well tell you peeps I'm pregnant. A petit frankie! I can't tell you what I'm having in case Mum reads this, but we're super excited about our little spring baby.

So this morning I was in prenatal yoga - the instructor is so knowledgeable and fabulous - and I learned a tonne as usual. Here's two good tricks for those who work slumped over a puter all day...

* Every hour or so, do this stretch and your body will correct your posture. Clench your hands into fists, bring them together in front of your chest so your thumbs are underneath the rest of your hand, level with your elbows. As you breathe in lift them over your head, pressed together, then release as you breathe out and bring your arms down behind your back. So good.

* If your posture is very slumpy, stand with your back to the wall and press your shoulder blades into the wall. If only the centre of your blades touches the wall, put your arms back against the wall, as stop signals, with arms bent at right angles. Move your arms slowly up the wall, count to ten, then back down slowly. It's hard at first, but do a set of six each day and you'll be upright in no time.

No comments:

Post a Comment