Wednesday, June 16, 2010

Nectar of the queens


I love honey. You could take away all the other sugars in the world, but leave me just honey and I'd be happy. I have it on toast, in tea, with yoghurt and fruit, in smoothies and every which way in desserts. My local grocer had zero organic produce when we moved here four years ago, but now it's stepping up with a few and I was bowled over to find a huge jar of Eco Organic Honey. It is so delicious I can't keep my paws away. But why organic? Haven't I harped on enough about organic? Never. Listen here peeps, there's a lot less happening in a jar of conventional honey than this one in my pantry.

Firstly, you'll only get the goodness of honey - mainly its anti-bacterial properties - from raw honey. 'Pure' honey isn't the same, nor is '100%' honey or 'Australian' honey. They're just good marketing ploys. Raw is key, and when it's organic, you can be assured it hasn't been chemically treated or over-heated, two steps that take away most of the flavour and health properties. This particular organic honey of mine is from the Aussie bush and tastes so full of flavour, you only need a little.

For more info go to WHFoods... very interesting foodie site.

No comments:

Post a Comment