Monday, November 23, 2009

Shiny, happy peepsies


Up until a few years ago when I started writing beauty for magazines, I had been a bit of a lazy daisy when it came to skincare. Once I was inundated with information and products, I really had no choice but to step it up and show the epidermis some love. My skin is combination (oily t-zone) and after getting into morning and evening routines, I've noticed a real difference in tone and lack of breakouts. I've learned to always, always, clean and moisturise before bed, have regular facials (especially if you've got a million blackheads vying for your attention as I do) and apply eye cream around the eyes (along the ridge of the bone, no closer) and lips (dab around corners and along the top) every day.

One product that stood out amongst all the gems and crap that landed on my desk was Jojoba oil. There's nothing this baby can't do....

* the oils' properties are similar to human sebum, so it aids the healing process of bumps and scrapes (I witnessed this first hand on hubby's knee after he stacked in on a jog. After the scab came off *ewwwww* I made him put a few drops all over every day. It's amazing how fast it healed)
* it's the ultimate moisturiser, bringing back skin's natural elasticity and suppleness
* the anti-inflammatory nature of the oil means sweet relief for eczema, psoriasis and dandruff (I rub a little in flaky scalp areas at night before bed and gently wash in the morning, too easy)
* helps to heal stretched earlobes
* it's cheap (yes it comes in itty bitty bottles, but remember you're only using a few drops at a time) and odourless

And here's a good organic one... by Perfect Potion.

No comments:

Post a Comment