Wednesday, January 27, 2010

Blissful couch therapy


There's a magic moment that you all know and love - it always leaves you speechless, mouth agape, body at ease, stress out the window. You know the one. The head massage in the hairdresser's completely uncomfy chair.

And I admit it's best when someone else is doing it and they're about to make you real purdy, but it is still amazing when you do it yourself. Sit on or in front of a couch with a towel around your neck and a bottle of olive or almond oil. Use one hand and a little oil at a time, slowly work your way from your temple to the middle of the back of your head, making little circles with thumb and fingers, swap hands and do other side. Make sure you're supporting your arms with a big cushion so they don't end up aching. Then work from the front of your head all the way down to your neck. Repeat as many times as necessary. Swap hands. Now spend a little time gently kneading away at your shoulders and arms. Lovely. You don't have to wash your hair straight away, leave it for an hour or overnight if your scalp or ends are dry.

Not so keen on the oil? My fave scalp treatment is Lotion Fortifiante by La Biosthetique - it comes with a dropper, I put in on my scalp an hour before I shower. My fave dry ends treatment is L'Oreal Paris Elvive Re-Nutrition Daily Nutritive Fluid Leave-In, it's a serious moisturizer for wet or dry hair without any greasiness. I have no idea how they made it so good. Maybe it's the royal jelly. Whatever, it works.

1 comment:

  1. Sounds divine! I will try it on Sunday. I'll need a relaxing treatment after all the painting of walls and ceilings I have planned for this weekend. Oh the joy of home renos! Thanks x

    ReplyDelete