Friday, January 15, 2010

Peace, kindness and shiny gold bracelets


I was out shopping yesterday, marveling at how many people work in retail but don't see the importance of looking after customers. Even when they ask. I was getting mighty flustered, it really got inside my impatient nerves. But that all changed when I walked into Witchery and was approached by the nicest woman on the entire planet of retail.

She held eye contact. She was genuine. She left me alone. When I took my marked-down bracelet and scarf to the counter, she treated me like I was buying half the store. She asked me about my day, what I was doing later, how I enjoy working from home. Shared stories about getting caught the freakish storm the night before. And all the day long I felt good, she stayed with me somehow. So my Friday lesson this week, mon amigos, is to focus on the good and the kind, not the millions of people cutting you off on the roads or talking down to you in restaurants. Just the good. You'll feel better for it, trust me.

No comments:

Post a Comment