Friday, January 8, 2010

Round 'em up


Welcome to my new weekly episode called Friday Round 'Em Up. Here I may focus on such fascinating nuggets as how much I've learned in the previous seven days on earth, how little sleep I've had or how badly I miss my old friend vino de plonko, (it hurts the most on Fridays). Each week will be mindless, quick bursts of randomness, nothing you need to concentrate on. See, I'm here for you.

This week I've learned the value of time alone. Hubby and I both work from home, and as happy as I am to have the amore of my life less than a dozen steps away, it tends to drive us both a little crazy. Yes, he gets regular, dishy dishes made for him, but he also has to contend with my constant IT queries, plans for the weekend, jokes from friends and other wifey stuff. As for me? I suppose I miss the "honey I'm home" time when we used to catch up on the day.

So now I wait, keep my rosy lips sealed, and discuss things anew at night. I save the good news and the wardrobe challenges and the funny facebook updates and throw it all at him during breaks on the 7pm Project. It's romantic, I know. I'm like that. And it works. Absence of annoying interruptions really does make the heart grow fonder. Who knew?

1 comment:

  1. I can relate, and will commence a 10 day trial and review period.
    Danke!
    x

    ReplyDelete