Friday, February 12, 2010

Born under a crazy star


What a great week it was. Completely unpredictable: warm enough for a swim, cold enough for a bath, lazy enough to take Friday off, busy enough to feel completely guilty about it. And that's how I like things. For years I struggled with my Gemini Anarchy Syndrome - but then I realized how much I love variety. Without it I would go insane. I hate routine, I need last-minute whirlwinds. So now that I'm down with it, it no longer stresses me. Nice. Which means most of the time in a state of chilled chaos.

Yet on the other hand I love to plan (meet my Taurean half, yep, I'm on the cusp). And hubby does not. Oh noes. I wake up on Saturday and think of all the spontaneous things we could do that day and he doesn't even want to talk about breakfast (unless I'm picking bacon up on my way home from a run).

So my point, amigos, is this: if you're a planner, relinquish a bit of your time for serendipity. If you have to, plan a few blank hours on the weekend and see where the wind takes you. And if you're completely crazy, running on your own Anarchy Syndrome, make a few plans for those around you who like to lock things in ahead of time. It's about balance... just be thankful your not on a cusp of opposites (unless you are, in which case I have nothing for you) and have only one sign to deal with.

2 comments:

  1. Frankie, I love your blog...
    I have a question for you though, could you please post tips on what to do for dry hair?
    I would love some lustrous and shiny tips please!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks anon amigo! You betcha, I'll get onto it this week x

    ReplyDelete