Friday, February 19, 2010

Taming the tresses


Every gal I know has hair issues. Too dry, too thin, too curly, too feral, too greasy. But on those special days when we get the balance right, the blow-dry perfect and the fly-aways tucked back, we feel like bazillion bucks. We toss our hair like we're in Charlie's Angels and generally feel just lovely.

Now I've tested my fair share of hair products, and there are some that stand out as serious miracle workers. I have greasy roots with dry ends, plenty of grey coming my way, bits of blonde and brunette, and natural curls that I beat into submission. It's also fairly thin, but there's lots of it. So I struggle with just about every hair infliction you can name - except volume. I got plenty of that. As for the rest, I turn to these:

* Aveda Damage Remedy collection. Divine. On the expensive side, but I'd recommend using the shampoo and conditioner once or twice a week to revive dried-out and/or coloured hair.
* Redken Extreme Iron Repair. The difference in my hair between when I use this and when I forget is unbelievable. Soft, smooth, behaved v. dry, weird, kinky. I only use a 5c piece for all this afro, so it lasts forever.
* Kerastase masques. If you have long or curly hair, dry or damaged ends, use this once a week. You'll need to find the right one for your hair type, but there's a reason most beauty eds I know can't live without them.
* Moroccan oil. Smells like heaven! Run a small amount through towel-dried ends for lush hair.
* Toni & Guy Dry Shampoo. Busy women with greasy roots take note: this will make your day. It's easier than a shake and bake and in two seconds your hair is done.

No comments:

Post a Comment