Tuesday, February 16, 2010

Dressed up vego


Some days I feel like a five year-old, totally disinterested in vegetables (and work and paying attention, etc). I think that's why I've always been creative in the kitchen. If I'm not, I'm bored. We don't want that. Hence my packed pantry - full of 15 different types of vinegar (it's a sickness), lots of oils, sauces, chutneys, herbs... and the dozens of cookbooks that keep the juices flowing.

But I honestly believe the right dressing can transform a vegetable from meh to wow. Like these:
* Sliced tomatoes and avocado on sourdough with a cold-pressed, peppery evo and a sprinkle of sea salt
* Celery, cucumber and chickpeas with lemon juice and a fruity evo
* Sauteed brussel sprouts with a good almond oil (like olive oils, you really get what you pay for) and black pepper (also nice with beetroot chutney)
* Steamed bok choy with plum vinegar and sesame seeds
* Roast eggplant, capsicum and fresh rocket with balsamic vinegar, evo and pepper
* Steamed beans with tahini, olive or grapseed oil and sea salt
* Mushrooms with rice wine vinegar, fish sauce, fresh chilli, coriander and sugar
* Very thinly sliced fennel and lettuce with lemon juice, mayonnaise, s&p and parsley
* BBQ corn with organic salted butter

No comments:

Post a Comment