Thursday, February 11, 2010

Health benefits


I know we live in the lucky country, I really do. But it wasn't until I watched the doco Sicko the other night that I was on-my-knees grateful for this wide brown land. Michael Moore is such a brilliantly clever, funny guy. And I swear, if it wasn't for the humour I might have done some Elvis-style damage to the TV, outraged at the money-hungry (they're really constantly ravenous, non?) pollies and pharmaceutical bastards as I was. People are dying every day in the grand USA because they have been denied the medical treatment they needed to survive, to stay alive, while those responsible for their denials pocket cute bonuses for their deadly paperwork. It's actually unbelievable.

If you haven't seen the doco, I recommend you grab it on the way home tonight. You'll laugh and cry and hopefully come to a new understanding of health care as it should and shouldn't be. You won't be bored. Promise x

No comments:

Post a Comment