Friday, October 23, 2009

Life in technicolour


This morning while doing my lazy rounds at the shops - chai latte, park with dog, people watching, hoping the busker would be back (he sings and strums real nice) - I noticed that some of the mail boxes at the post office had been vandalized *shock* with green glitter glue. Unbelievable.

To think that someone would be creative and strange enough to dot glitter glue on public property. Perhaps we should stage a lock-down at all the local child cares and schools and search bags for matching glitter.

Personally I love graffiti/street art. Walking around our neighbourhood we see it everywhere, and it's usually quite clever and always loud. The other morning I saw it in pastels along a 10m long wall... as a part of a spruced-up kiddie park. And now I wonder, was this a good idea? Or will it simply encourage other youngsters to graduate from the sustainably-built swings to random acts of glitterati?..

1 comment:

  1. I love this blog, the layout is so great! The writing fantastic and the photos amazing!
    I may require a tutorial frankie?
    best love
    xxx

    ReplyDelete