Wednesday, October 28, 2009

The vegies of my labour


After a long, busy day in front of le laptop, this afternoon I gave myself an early mark (I'm good like that) and headed for the garden. Hubby and I are rookies when it comes to most things leafy and green, so now that we're establishing a vegie garden, the chaos is mounting.

But chaos at work and chaos alfresco are so different. The hour I spent re-potting tomatoes and chillies, making a home for capsicum seedlings in the veg box, helping the snow peas find their way up their bit of string, having a chat with the yellow beans, tasting the rocket, trimming the sage and weeding out unwanted visitors was the most relaxing hour I could have ever treated myself with.

And hopefully soon they'll be treating us with fruits (and vegies) of our labour.
I can hardly wait.

No comments:

Post a Comment