Tuesday, October 6, 2009

Love the one you're with



I'm good at rambling on, actually I'm freakishly talented. I've also got a real knack for talking in my sleep, but it's not in English so that's a complete mystery. And like most women, I talk way too much in my head, and it's not always good. Mostly rubbish to be fair.

So I've tried something new. Every time I bag myself out, I turn it into a compliment and I accept it gracefully. "I hate my thighs" becomes "My legs are fitter than ever." Eventually I get sick of going round in circles so I just pay myself more compliments and I feel better for it. Much. It now goes "My nose is scarily... umm... symmetrical, yes!, just like Scar-Jo's." The knock-on effect is that I'm less judgmental towards others. I'm not saying I've completely eradicated negative thoughts - psssh hello - but I'm choosy about the ones I harbour. And even then, it's not for long.

No comments:

Post a Comment