Thursday, October 22, 2009

Meditation miracles


I don't know what I would do without meditation. Ok, that's a lie. I know exactly what I'd do! Stress, stress, stress. Some days anxiety arrives unannounced and stays a while, and usually a bit of ommming clears it right out. The meditations I do (almost) each morning are quite simple: sit cross-legged somewhere comfy (not too comfy) and clear the mind with each breath. Sounds simple, is tough in practice, but worth every minute - for the rest of the day I feel calm and clear-headed.

Last night I started a new yoga class and we were guided through a meditation at the beginning and end of the class. It was so relaxing and relatively easy to follow... shame the yoga poses weren't as simple but hey, these legs need some tough love.

Meditation has many scientifically proven health benefits. Reduction in anxiety, stress and depression, boosted immune function, reduced blood pressure, better sleep, helps with management of chronic pain, improved performance and concentration and can be used to treat nasty habits. And there are many more benefits you'll discover when you start.

Try it out for the next week. Just five minutes a day, because you're worth it.

No comments:

Post a Comment